Here are our recommended online courses to becoming a Fashion Designer.
If there is anything 2020 has taught us, it is to have the skills to be ‘independent’. To be able to learn and earn even when employment opportunities are not accessible. With this concern in mind, we will be creating Career Paths to help YOU acquire skills to become employment independent.
So if you want to become a Fashion Designer, the first step is to learn what fashion design is all about and this is a good starting point.
1. FASHION AS DESIGN
- Develop critical tools to appreciate and contextualize fashion design—from everyday clothing to couture garments—through many different perspectives.
- Trace the history, development, and impact of garments over time, and explore how they may be reinvented.
- Investigate garments through multiple lenses including politics, identity, and economics.
- Understand more about the lifecycle of clothing, from its design and production to its marketing, distribution, and consumption.
- Better comprehend the choices you make about fashion with respect to the visual language of dress, individual and collective identities, and issues such as labor practices, sustainability, and body politics.
Once you have mastered the above course it will be beneficial to get insights on how the fashion industry operates, where the following course will provide you with the essential learnings.
2. Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies
Learn how fashion and luxury companies work and understand their brands, products, retail, and communication strategies. Travel through business models, international development, and product categories with industry influent experts.
Language skills are key to any business success. The following course will help you brush up on your English language skills for business and entrepreneurship.
3. English for Business and Entrepreneurship
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy.
Once your business is ready to hit the runway, and as part of being independent, you will need skills to promote your brand across all social media platforms. The following course will give you the skills to grow your brand.
4. Social Media Marketing Specialization
Manage Your Social Strategies. Expand your online audience and establish your social brand in five courses.
…and last but not the least, you will also need skills on how to successfully run your own business, this is where this course comes in.
5. How to Start A Business
In this course you will actually start a business and demystify the business creation process.
Disclaimer: While there are thousands of online courses on Fashion Design, this is our recommendation to get you started.
If you are looking for a specific course or would like our team to build a specific Career Path, please leave your suggestions below.